Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

How was everyone's weekends? Mine was rather busy, but nice. Yesterday was especially nice, being Easter Sunday. I started the day off at church and then my family in San Antonio, consisting of me my parents and sister, my mom's brother, and a close family friend, drove to Gruene, Texas one of my favorite little towns to eat at the Gristmill with my grandparents, aunt and uncle and little cousins. It was such a great, relaxing day.

I ate a wonderful grilled chicken sandwich with honey dijon sauce, oh soo good. After lunch we went to some wonderful Antique stores and little boutiques, where I could've spent hours, but the men were impatient. Though I do think I found the dress I'll wear to my graduation ceremony in June. It's so pretty and perfect, I'm definitely keeping it in mind. My mom and I will go back to Gruene soon and spend the real amount of time I'd like to spend in the little shops. I can't wait.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


After lunch and shopping we headed back to my aunt and uncle's house in San Marcos for a little easter egg hunt and a lot of relaxation. My mom and I went with my uncle to tour some of the houses in his neighborhood since he lives in the historic district. I fell in love with just about every house I saw. I don't understand everyone's fixation with brand new, modern architecture and houses. I want to take an old house and flip it to make it exactly what I want. A big white or blue house, with ivy growing up the front, old creaky stairs, and some sort of history, with many owners before me. Unfortunately, after such a wonderful day, towards the end I started to feel sick and by the time I got home I was so sick with fever I couldn't move from bed. So I've spent my entire Monday in bed, sick as a dog. Great way to end the weekend, eh?

And now, outfit photos of my Easter dress. I remember as a little girl, buying a new dress meant more to me on Easter than chocolate bunnies or egg hunting. This year was no different, though I did appreciate my mom's wonderful basket of candy, especially my hollow white chocolate bunny. Yummm! I found this dress weeks ago at Forever 21 and thought the colors were so perfect for Spring. I didn't wear it when I bought it, due to the wintry weather, and eventually decided it would make a perfect Easter dress.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a lovely holiday, if you celebrate it. Hopefully soon I'll be feeling better and be able to get back to regular programming on the blog. I've been so out of it style-wise lately and now this cold. See you soon..

Dress: Forever 21
Socks: Target
Flats: Target
Headband: Forever 21

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kaitlin,

    Thank You for entering the Beso Hunter Boot contest. I hope you are given the opportunity to own a pair of these fabulous lava boots to enhance your endless wardrobe possibilities during the gloomy and rainy days as you walk to in comfort and style with a splash of color.

    Thank You and Good Luck!
    The Beso Team
    http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is so cute, works well with the headband. so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanted this dress soooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooo incredibly bad.. but it just did NOT fit me right.. the elastic waist made the bottom ride up when i lifted my arms which would of been really impractical for my work.. do you have that problem? plus the medium top was too big but the small dress what too short and
    i just dont like when dresses are too short to bend down in but honestly, this is one i will probably regret not buying. how in the world did i pass up an anthropologie looking dress with a f21 price tag?
    but anyways,, it looks cute on you
    and maybe we can get a sneak peak of your graduation find, eh?
    :)

    ReplyDelete