Sunday, April 11, 2010

Longest Weekend Ever

Ahhh! WHAT A WEEKEND! As you may or may not know, I had my wisdom teeth removed Friday morning and it's been a big pain. They weren't actually ready to come out, but were growing in on a nerve so they had to be removed early. It's been very painful and this has felt like the longest weekend imaginable. Earlier today my dentist had to rush to meet us at his office to fix my dry socket. Talk about painful! I was just laying in bed hysterically crying my eyes out with my poor dad all helpless not knowing what to do. Luckily though, I got to the dentist and got everything all cleaned out and now the pain is only minimal and he said everything seems to be healing up nicely. Woo!

This weekend has also given me a new appreciation for my mom. I honestly wouldn't have survived this weekend without her. I've got the best mommy in the world! I love her so much. She's been waiting on me constantly since Friday and I'm pretty sure the weekend has felt just as long for her. Thanks, Mom, you're the best!

Anyway, last night we rented An Education which I'd been dying to see. I don't quite know my opinion on it honestly. I mean the clothes in the movie are to die for! I'd wear everything the girls in the movie wear. And I love her love for France. That part was so relatable to me, as I've been obsessed with France for as long as I can remember. I'm even learning to speak French right now! Also, I've always said I'm going to be with an older man and I've always found older men so much more attractive, so it was definitely a movie I could relate to. Yet, the plot was rather dull and at the end of the movie I just kind of sat there like "Oh, okay." It didn't really make you feel anything at all and I like movies that make me feel, whether it's happy, sad, scared, sick, anything at all. This movie was just like looking at pretty pictures that don't mean anything to you. But even after saying that, I definitely think anyone should watch it, if anything just for the clothes, the adorable girl, and Peter Sarsgaard isn't too shabby.

An Education Pictures, Images and Photos


An Education Pictures, Images and Photos


An Education 14 Pictures, Images and Photos


I hope you all had a much nicer weekend than I did. Hopefully I'll be feeling fully back to myself in a few days and I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. This has been such an off week, with the holiday weekend, then getting sick, then this over the weekend. I promise things will be back to normal ASAP!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Alamocitystyle,
    Thank you for entering the contest that beso.com sponsored on The Clothes Horse. We invite you to enter another contest we’re running where you can win pair of Hunter Boots. Our Style Director, Emily Schuman (of cupcakesandcashmere.com) is giving away 6 different pair. Check it out at: http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/

    Thanks again,
    Beso.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! i was out of school for a week when i had my wisdom teeth out... perhaps i was milking that opportunity, but nonetheless- not an entirely pleasant experience! i hope you are feeling better!

    ...and i LOVED "an education"! so good.

    ReplyDelete