Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On Girl Crushes and The Healing Power of Thrifting

Photobucket


So in my last post I was all down in the dumps about being sick. This morning, with my fever gone, I felt better, (though I am still sick, it does take awhile to beat a cold) so I decided to go out for a little lunch with Mom at Panera. Definitely a good idea, hehe, I always love to eat. Then I decided to stop by Salvation Army just to try my luck. And boy did I get lucky. So glad I went. I found 3 amazing dresses and an adorable skirt, all for $16. Seriously, can't beat that. I found myself instantly feeling better. Okay, not really I still feel just like I have a cold, but I do feel so incredibly nice with three new things to add to my wardrobe and I didn't have to break the bank. Don't ya just love thrifting?

Anyway, today's outfit isn't all too exciting. I am sick, remember. Props for trying? I just threw on my favorite go-to dress and added a little flower pin so I wouldn't feel quite so boring. And take not of the shoes; my third pair of oxfords. I CANNOT STOP BUYING THEM! What is wrong with me? Someone's going to have to stage a serious intervention. I've promised myself I'm not buying anymore, but I'm not very good at keeping promises to myself. Maybe if I promise everyone in the blogging world I feel compelled to keep my word? We'll see. Pray for me, hah. Maybe I should go on a Spring Shoe benge and buy a million adorable sandals. I am in desperate need of a few..

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Dress: Charlotte Russe
Flower Pin: F21
Oxfords: Candies ($15 yay for sales & splitting prices with sisters!)

And also, I currently have a major girl crush. Anyone who knows me already knows of my undying love for Keira Knightley. I mean, I'm totally straight, but if Keira ever wanted to play for the other team...hehehe. Okay no but really, I do love Keira, but there is another girl who recently may be causing Ms. Knightley some competition. So who is the lovely lady you ask? I'll gladly show. The adorable French, Miss Melanie Laurent. Her style is amazing, her accent is perfect, and she's a damn good actress. What's not to love?


Image via WhoWhatWear




So what about you? Who are your girl crushes of the moment? Or does everybody think I'm crazy? Either way I don't care, I appreciate a talented, stylish girl and every now and then I develop a tiny little crush, or maybe in Melanie and Keira's cases, a big one, hehe!

2 comments: