Monday, April 19, 2010

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Photobucket


Nature's first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower;

But only for an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.

So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day.

Nothing gold can stay.


Robert Frost


So yesterday's nice taste of sunny, beautiful weather is a thing of the past today. (Hence Robert Frost's Nothing Gold Can Stay) It's back to being gray and rainy. The perfect excuse to stay in doing nothing but watching Turner Classic Movies. Though I did go to the dentist and got good news. The dry sockets are healed! I went straight to Sonic for happy hour and got my favorite cherry vanilla diet dr pepper and drank it THROUGH A STRAW! Happiest moment ever. You never realize the things you take for granted until you can't do them anymore. Anyone who's ever had a dry socket knows exactly what I mean. And also, tonight is 24 night. HALLELUJAH! Mondays are never the best day of the week, but having Jack Bauer kicking ass to look forward to all day, it makes it a little better. I just can't believe this is the last season. What will we do next year, with no 24 nights?

I went for a gray ensemble today due to the gray weather. I guess this is the opposite of my wishful dressing. But I'm wearing my favorite dress again, this time as a skirt. So far on this blog I've worn it just as a dress, as a top, and now as a skirt. It's so versatile, which is why it's my favorite. I love having pieces like this in my wardrobe because it adds so much, there are so many possibilites. I have a dress, skirt, and top all in one. And it's super cute to boot!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And sweet readers, if you believe in this sort of thing, please pray for my little dachshund you met in this post. She's started having back trouble again, a common problem for dachshunds and she's in a lot of pain. We're very worried about her, as back trouble can even be fatal for little dachshunds. We love her so much and I hate to see her in her little bed, unable to get up and move around. I just want her to get better ASAP!

Lace Sweatshirt: F21
Dress (as skirt): Charlotte Russe
Socks: Target
Sandals: Urban Outfitters

3 comments:

  1. Target always has the best socks! You're adorable, thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor puppy :( I used to have a doxie, I hope he gets better! On a lighter note, I love wearing a dress as a top/skirt too, it makes me feel like I have many more clothes than I actually do, ha! Love your outfit :)

    xx,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures!!
    You look great.

    ReplyDelete