Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Last Night I Dreamt I Went To Manderley Again

Photobucket


Ah, what a busy, but wonderful day! I woke up this morning and went with my mom to bible study as usual. Then I went with her to a clients house while she gave her a massage and boy was I glad I did! She had the most beautiful house, with the most lovely yard! I sat out in the front, lounging on a porch swing reading Dorian Gray, looking out on the beautiful yard until it was too much! I snapped the book shut and went exploring. Walking through the front and back yard made me feel like I was at Manderley and Maxim should be on my arm, I just kept waiting to end up at the beach or bump into Mrs. Danvers and kill the mood. I love that about books I've read without a movie because the setting stays forever exactly as I want it, it's my own unique place in my mind that no one else has. And if you're lost and have no clue what piece of literature I'm referencing, go to your nearest bookstore and pick up a copy of Rebecca. You won't be sorry! Its one of my favorite books of all time. So good! Anyway, I took my outfit pictures in the yard so you can see a tiny bit of my Manderley but there's so much more I didn't get pictures of, like inside the house, gorgeous vintage photos of her parents from the 30s and 40s right here in San Antonio! Ohhh, I could've died.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

(lol @ my still slightly puffy cheeks!)


Anyway, onto the next order of business. My day didn't end at Manderley! Today is actually my dad's 50th birthday. He insisted that we couldn't have a big party to celebrate his aging, but my mom, sister, and I still wanted his birthday to be special. So we made him his favorite dinner, salmon patties, corn, and mashed potatos (luckily all things I could eat with my healing gums!) and a dump cake for dessert. The cake came out so cute and tasted delicious! After dinner he got his cards and opened his presents, Mario Kart and Mario Brothers for our Wii. Mom thought we were giving a present to ourselves too, but I said to view it as giving him the gift of family bonding time. Hehe, good one eh? I think Dad was pleased and we had a lot of fun trying out the new games together. No more golf tournaments, we're racing now!

Photobucket


Photobucket


One last thing I want to share about my outfit. It may seem like a plain, everyday outfit but it's so special to me! This Alen Rench t-shirt is an old vintage band tee from back in my dad's rock and roll days. I'm actually wearing a t-shirt from his band. He was the drummer in the Alen Rench Band back in the early 80s. He's moved on from that dream now, but he's still a drummer at our church and remains friends with his old bandmates. I have some old pictures of him in the band I'll have to scan and put on here one day. They're so cool! This shirt and those pictures are some of my most prized possesions, things I'm so glad my dad passed on to me that I can one day give to his grandchildren and no matter how old he gets, he'll always be remembered as the guy in the band. And I'm sure that's the way he'd want it!

T-shirt: Dad's vintage band tee
Skirt: Target
Belt: vintage
Oxfords: Steve Madden (yeah all I wear are oxfords, get over it. hehe)

2 comments:

  1. that's a lovely skirt! so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's that book about? I really need to pick up reading again ♥ By the way, that's so funny..."the gift of family bonding time"...perfect LOL. Cute outfit & glad you loved your day :)

    ReplyDelete