Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sometimes I Feel Like I Live In Grand Central Station

How's everyone's Sunday? Mine is great! Not really for any particular reason, it's just one of those days where I got plenty of sleep the night before and woke up in a really great mood. I've spent the beginning of my day at church, then came home for a little brunch and Wii playing with the family, hehe we're sort of addicted to Mario Kart. Then my sister and I headed out to shop for a gift for her best friends birthday, then got Starbucks and decided to ride around in the car with the windows down, rocking out to Lady Gaga and enjoying the beautiful weather. This explains the pictures I'm about to show you. Sometimes we get a little carried away..

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I'm really in love with my outfit today. I found this skirt in my closet last night and realized that I'd totally forgotten about it and I wanted to try it again sans tights. It's much too big to wear as a skirt, but pulled up and belted it makes a perfect dress. It's still a little big though, so for the sake of decency I always like to wear another dress or a shirt or something underneath it. Today it was, what's new, this striped F21 shirt. Seriously, guys, how did I survive before I got this t-shirt? I was asking my sister last night, what did I wear before this shirt?! I wear it ALL THE TIME. I'm thinking I need a new striped t-shirt but I can't find one that I like. I'd always like a blue and white stripe and a red and white stripe. If you know of any really cute, reasonably priced ones I might like, I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

lol @ my sister's finger getting in the picture!


Now I'm off to spend some time studying my French. Gotta work everyday if I'm gonna be fluent. I'm using Rosetta stone and I've only been using it for about 4 days and already I think I've learned more than I learned in 4 weeks of a high school language class. The thing really works. After my French lessons, I'll be going back up to church with friends for a little concert my church is having tonight so support funds for the Mission Trip this summer. I guess it'll be fun. I have no idea who the band is, but I have to sell drinks and I convinced a few friends to come join me, so I'm sure we'll have a good time. Hope you all have a great Sunday night!

T-shirt: F21
Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: F21
Sandals: Payless
Bag: Mom's Vintage

7 comments:

  1. Love the photos. Thats a really clever idea what you've done with that skirt and I am in love with your satchel. I truely want one exactly like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love turning skirts into dresses! This one looks like it was totally meant to be a dress! Love the pattern mixing - very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the floral..
    =)

    xoxo

    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com
    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com
    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, cracking up at thoughs pictures! Cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the florals and stripes! Also the car pictures are toooo cute. I agree that most highschool language programs are worthless. Good luck with the French!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, I love florals + stripes. And cool that that's actually a skirt! LOVE your bag...it's perfecttttt.

    Ooo, I've taken French for 5ish years! :O

    Also, I tagged you in a post for a little blog game going around...check it out & do it if you would like. It would be fun if you did, if not it's okay :)

    ♥ Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do this exact same thing with my girls all the time! Great outfit.
    ♥Sarah

    ReplyDelete