Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mother Daughter Date

Today, feeling nearly fully recovered from my cold (woo!) I went out for a big shopping and lunch date with my mom. It turned out to be a very successful day. We had lunch at the Earl of Sandwich where I had my favorite "Le Frenchy," with ham, brie cheese, and dijon mustard. My mouth is watering now just thinking of it! Then we went shopping for dad's 50th birthday (hehe old man!), I won't say what I got him just in case he sees the blog before the big day (doubtful, but you never know). But just as a hint, I ended up buying Resident Evil for my Wii in the place we got his gift. Something little known about me in the blog world is that I. LOVE. VIOLENCE! Hehe, not real violence, but I'm the ultimate girl to go to the movies on a date with. Chick flicks? Puh-lease. Give me some gorey action violence, a World War II movie or some human eating zombies or any of the Saw movies. So, naturally, I enjoy bloody video games all the same. Anyway, back to normal girly stuff, it was a very successful shopping date. Mommy bought me a thousand pairs of underwear because I needed them and they're so cute! (Not that you even care..) Then we went to Goodwill and I got two more fabulous Spring dresses I can't wait to wear!

Speaking of thrifting, recently I've been toying with the idea of starting a shop on Etsy. Any thoughts? Would anyone want to buy from me? I've got a pretty amazing collection of thrifted dresses already that I don't wear or don't fit and I find a thousand pretty things everytime I shop that won't work for me, but I'd love to give to another lucky lady of a smaller/larger size. So, what do you think, girlies? Let me know!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Today's outfit was the result of waking up to a phone call from my mom to be ready in the next 30 minutes. I had to be fast. So I quickly grabbed my FAVORITE striped t-shirt, I wear this three times a week no joke, hehe, and this little pink skirt I picked up at Salvation Army earlier this week. The skirt was only 50 cents! High five! Then of course, I had to finish it off with oxfords and cardigan due to the small chill in the air. It was my last day to dress up for a few days as I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow morning! I'm so so scared. So, obviously, I'll be away from the blog. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Cardigan: Target
Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: Thrifted
Oxfords: Candies

No comments:

Post a Comment