Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not My Reality Girl, My Dreams Come True Girl

Today is another lovely day here in Texas and I think I can finally say it, SPRING HAS SPRUNG! It's here, full blown. Spring is such a wonderful season because it's all about new growth and new beginnings. Everything from the winter is in the past and we've got new experiences and new beginnings sprouting up left and right.

Photobucket



That's why I feel like it's the perfect time to go hunting for a new job, that's long over due. I've been looking for awhile and NOTHING has worked out. In fact, I just got a card in the mail of Urban Outfitters informing me that while my application was great, they chose to go with someone else. Just my luck. I'm not trying to sound like Negative Nancy or anything, but it's just so annoying. I've applied several places, some even twice, and I never get the job. I don't really know where else to look. I know I don't want to work in fast food again, Papa John's for two years was enough for me. I've tried so many places in retail because I love clothes and I want to work around others who feel the same way, but nobody seems to want me. I've also tried three times at Barnes and Noble and each time they're "not hiring at the moment, but will keep my application on file for later." Yeah, right. I know that means, "Sorry, you're never getting this job because we're going to stick this application in a big pile of other hopefuls and never look at it again." So, I don't know what else to do. I'm going to stop complaining now because this is the longest paragraph on this blog thus far and it's all negativity. But seriously, any tips on how to make your application stand out from the others?

Photobucket


It's funny how everyone is so excited to get rid of tights, and quite honestly, I don't really mind them. Yes, I love bare legs, but tights just make outfits so fun in a way bare legs never could. All winter, I've let my tights be my statement piece in many of my outfits and without them I feel rather boring. I guess I'll have to go hunting for some new spring/summer accessories to spruce up my outfits. I think I could use some more hats and maybe my love of giant flowers, feathers, and bows for headware can grow during Spring. Even if I do get called Minnie Mouse.

Dress: Kimchi Blue via UO
Tights: Wal-mart
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Belt: Vintage

Also, I recently saw these at Adored Austin and fell madly in love. I can't wait to rock these little babies in the summer. I love Toms, I really do.

3 comments:

  1. Love your outfit and I agree with you about the tights, they really make a simple outfit look interesting. I live in the tropics where it is forever hot and humid but I still wear tights here. Hahaha!

    And I love Toms shoes... can't get enough of them. They are just so comfy and great to know that we are able to help others by buying a pair. Have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE your outfit! :) Seriously, your tights compliment this whole outfit! You look fabulous! What the? Toms wedges? CRAZY!

    Lovely blog, my darling! :)


    MELANIELIKES.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Follow?<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable outfit.. and those Toms wedges are so cute! Good luck on finding a job.. :/ I've had the same job since I was 17 (I'm 23 now!) so I've never had to do much applying.. but it seems like such a hassle! I'm sure you'll find something soon!

    ReplyDelete