Friday, March 12, 2010

Sorry, Tights, I'm Leaving You For Socks

I am just warning you, I am about to ramble on about several things so I fully understand if you'd rather just look at my outfit and be done with it. I'm just in a wonderful mood and have a thousand things to say.

Photobucket


First thing, I've solved my tights dilemma! I'm not saying I'm going to stop wearing tights just because it's getting warmer, practicality in clothing has never been my first priority, hehe, but I have found a solution to not look like an idiot EVERY day. SOCKS! Yes, socks. How did I not think of this before? I am in love with socks and they are the perfect warm weather friend. Truth be told, until this year actually, both socks and tights were shunned from my wardrobe and over the past six months or so I've found I can't live without them. How did I do it all those years? So, everyone can expect to see me in several more pairs of socks in the future. I am about to go on a sock purchasing rampage. (But don't worry, dear tights, you will always be my first love, and no one can replace that. This is only temporary.)

That being said, I think it explains my choice this morning. I was tempted to throw on a pair of tights, but I wouldn't let myself do it. That's when I remembered buying these a few weeks ago. A little light bulb went off in my head and I dug around my drawers until I found the unopened package of three pairs of over the knee socks. I knew they would come in handy someday and I'm now so glad I got them. I even like these socks better with this dress than when I wore it with tights back on Thanksgiving.

Photobucket


Also, you will probably not find this as exciting as I do, but I'm going to share it anyway because I'm flattered. My cousin took her kids to see Alice in Wonderland today and promptly texted me, "Did you forget to mention you starred in Alice in Wonderland? I can't even watch this movie, all I see is you!" I just about died. Honestly, I don't know how much Mia Wasikowska and I look alike, but I'll take it. I'm sure none of you will see it, but up until last August I was blonde and I suppose that is the Kaitlin my cousin is referring to. I am just sharing this information out of pure excitment. This makes me wish I was blonde again, but shh please don't tell my mother.

And now, this is the last thing I'm going to ramble on about, I promise. I just want to say a quick thank you to anyone who reads this blog. It really means so much to me I could cry. Even if you only look at it just once, it makes me so happy to think anyone besides myself and my family are reading it. So, thank you, anyone who's read this, you've made my month!

Photobucket


Outfit Details..
Dress & Headband: F21
Socks & Shoes: Target

Alright, I'm going to shut up now. I hope everyone has a kick-ass Friday night, I know I will, getting spring break started. Ahh, yesss! I'll leave you now with this incredible video to one of my favorite songs from one of my top favorite bands.

3 comments:

  1. i love your knee socks and have to admit that after a winter full of tights every day, i'm also enjoying socks as an alternative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit, its too cute :)
    I also LOOOOOOVEEE that song, I dont know a single other person that does, nice to know someone else loves it like i do :)
    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete